Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Romantic Comedies!!

I am a die hard romantic comedies buff when it comes to movies. I dig them up from the movie libraries when I start running out on them. There is something about romantic comedies which makes you feel light and happy. A fantasy world within the realms of practicality. You can relate to the plot though knowing it is too good to be true. The sub plots of the cities, workplace, friends, home, travel are things you see in your day to day life yet the story which ravels around it is a mushy, cozy fantasy which you enjoy living for those 2 hours while you watch.

I simply loved P.S.I love you. It took my understanding for love to a different level all together. It helped me value the fact that am blessed to have my loved ones around.

Kate and Leopold is another favorite. No one does it like Meg Ryan. She is amazingly natural. And the idea of meeeting a duke from the 18th C was super cool. I can watch this one umpteenth times.

Can't miss 50 First dates here. Though its a bit too mushy and over the top, I like it for Adam Sandler. I like it for show casing that how ever much effort it takes to make life beautigul for th eone you love, its worth it in the end....

Bridget Jones needs a mention. There are thousands of women who can relate to Renee, her efforts and her after efforts to cover up the mess. It has happened for almost all of us at certain point of time.

These movies always leave a positive and nice after effect. At times they are pretty helpful to resolve a fight with my husband as they mellow me down and him too (if he watched them too) and make us feel lets patch up ya, we are being so stupid :)

My idea of a perfect Friday evening is watching a nice romantic comedy with my husband and a glass of wine...good food follows :D

No comments: