Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Nani...one of the most cherished chapters of my life

Since childhood, I have been pretty close to my Nani. I almost couldn't let the fact sink in when she left us for heavenly abode. But then, as it happens with all of us, I got busy with life. I was just about to start the major phases of my life - Marriage and Work. And then I never could look back and think about those beautiful days I had spent with her.


But today I want to take a pause and tell her, if she is there somewhere looking at me, that she has been one of those people in my life I have been closest to and loved her deeply. I remember her being ill once and she was staying with us for her medication. When Mom used to give her fruits to eat, she would keep passing them one by ine to me while I was studying next to her. Her wrinkled arms were so soft that me and my sister used to keep holding on to her arms all the time. She used to call me Bubly (the Nani and Bubly combo from a famous TV serial then, Swabhimaan).

She was the only one in my family who used to ask me what kind of guy you want for yourself, do you like someone :). When it was time for her to meet the one, she passed away just before that. But I know she was up there, blessing us, when we tied the knot.

I loved Nani, for her simplicity, her courage, her very advanced thoughts for her generation, her beauty, her unconditional love for all her family members, her naughtiness, her decision making power...she was a fantastic soul, a great human being.

I dont want to recall the time when she left us as that would make me sad and I know she wouldn't want me to be sad. But I do want to recall all those moments I have spent with her, all her radiance, the impact she had on me as a human being, the bond we shared. Love you Nani..

3 comments:

Awan S said...

reminds me of my nani

Unknown said...

dats so true dii...i miss her too n her soft hands...n her smile..always had that naughtiness..

sneh said...

yes sweethrt...she was an angel